St. Patrick News Saint Patrick School Calendar

History of St. Patrick School

1944-1945 was the first year the doors were opened for St. Patrick School in Anamosa, Iowa. At first, a house next to the rectory was bought and converted into a grade school for students.

This school opened in 1944 with an enrollment of 65. In 1944 Mercy Sisters- Mary Laetitia, Dolorosa, and Claudia were the first faculty for a four grade school.

In 1945 four more grades and two more faculty members were added, and the school expanded to house 1st-8th grades.

By 1958, plans were underway to construct a new building because the old facilities proved to be inadequate.

Father J. A. McMahon and the Sisters of Mercy were largely responsible for the opening of the new St. Patrick School in 1959.

Currently St. Patrick School houses preschool through sixth grade.


Home | About | Why St. Pat's? | Classrooms | Administration | Groups | Tuition & Aid | Links | Ways to Give | Forms | PowerSchool
Our Church | Other Programs | Multimedia | Staff Webmail | Calendar | St. Patrick News (RSS) | Cancellations (KCRG-TV9)

Facebook link for St. Patrick School
Follow us on Facebook
Twitter logo
Follow us
on Twitter

Copyright © 2017, Saint Patrick School. All rights reserved.